Core Benefit Services, Inc., established by Mike in 1988, is a Houston based firm that specializes in employee benefits including health, dental, disability and other ancillary lines of coverage. Mike brings 30 years of experience to Core Benefits and is one of the City’s leading producers.
His professional achievements include:
• ChFC, CIC, CLU, and RHU designations
• Past President of the Houston Association of Health Underwriters (HAHU)
• Currently active on the Legislative Council of the Texas Association of Health Underwriters (TAHU)
• He has and continues to participate on Agent Advisory Councils for a number of insurance companies including Aetna, BCBS, Humana, Principal, and United Healthcare
• Instructor for the National Alliance’s CIC programs
• One of the first agents certified to teach Continuing Education (CE) classes on HSAs, Mike has taught CE courses for the insurance industry and the Texas Society of CPAs
• A lecturer for several graduating classes from the University of Houston’s College of Optometry on “Insurance needs for the Professional”
• A panelist on HAHU’s “Agent Round Table”
• Recipient of the “Hollis Roberson Award” – Highest honor given to an individual by the Texas Association of Health Underwriters
• Recipient of the Ben Kowalski Award – HAHU’s highest award given to an individual
• TAHU’s “Volunteer of the Year” in 2008
• Winner of the 2008 TAHU “Individual Legislative Award
• Recipient of NAHU’s “Legislative Award”
• Recipient of sales recognition awards from numerous carriers.
Mike supports Core Benefits statement and position on honesty and integrity by focusing on the needs of the consumer. He also has a passion and commitment to client satisfaction.
• The National Alliance
• The American College
• The Foundation for Education and Research Development in Vision (FERV)